Schriftgießerei Brüder Butter (“Butter Brothers Typefoundry”) was founded in 1892 [Göldner] in Dresden. In 1922, it became an incorporated company and changed its name to Schriftguss AG vorm. Brüder Butter. From 1937, it was known as Schriftguss KG (limited partnership). After WWII, the company was nationalized and renamed to Schriftguss Dresden VEB. In 1951, it was merged with other East-German foundries into VEB Typoart. [Klingspor Museum] Not to be confused with AG für Schriftgießerei u. M. from Offenbach.