Wagner & Schmidt
Company specialized in punch cutting and engraving, founded in 1875 in Leipzig by Ludwig Wagner and Robert Arthur Schmidt. Wagner & Schmidt supplied type matrices to foundries throughout Europe (in-house designs as well as licensed), who then cast their own versions of the typefaces and offered them under different names. The company was liquidated 1942. See also: type foundry Ludwig Wagner.